How To Make The Most Of The Opportunities Email And Social Media Marketing Present
Here Are 6 Tips For Making The Most From Your Email And Social Marketing Strategies
Email marketing and targeting consumers using social media is simple, direct and cost effective.
Utilize these 6 tips from Digital Marketer, to help you engage potential customers and keep your message from getting tossed in the virtual trash bin.
1. Consider the big picture
- Establishing the ultimate goal of your email marketing campaign is an important first step ineffectively reaching out to potential customers.
- Email marketing campaigns can be divided into two distinct groups, both with different purposes.
1. Newsletters or Direct Emails offer informative updates about things like new happenings or upcoming events at your company.
- Often, they are sent out on a recurring basis, either weekly or monthly, and serve to keep your company in the mind of consumers.
2. Promotional Campaigns or Retention Emails detail specific sales or promotions, and, naturally, are sent in the days or even hours leading up to an offer.
- This is a more direct call to action, intended to get your targeted group to immediately spend money on the products your company is offering.
2. Branding, branding, branding
- The fastest way to have an email deleted or ignored is to have it look likeevery other promotional message that hits a potential customer’s inbox.
- Customization should be non-negotiable, as an email marketing campaign that reflects the greater brand and message of your company that resonates with potential customers.
3. Analytics and numbers are your friend
- Many good email marketing services can provide you with analytics on the success of your various campaigns.
- These numbers will provide information on how many emails were sent, how many of them were opened, and how many opened emails led to the desired action, like a reader signing up for a newsletter or taking advantage of a sale.
- Paying attention to the trends in this numerical feedback gives an important snapshot about what is and isn’t working with your email marketing campaigns.
- Trust the numbers and be aggressive about adjusting your email marketing campaigns accordingly.
Social Media Marketing
4. Try new platforms
- Facebook and Twitter are the natural jumping off points when it comes to social media, but there are a host of other platforms that offer unique opportunities.
- LinkedIn allows you to target a more professional, career-focused group.
- Google+ is an excellent way to get your posts read and shared
- Keep experimenting and find out what works for your company.
5. Think conversation
- Social media accounts should not be treated like a clearinghouse for press releases or links to your website.
- These platforms thrive on the power of the crowd, so take advantage.
- Post provocative questions or images and get readers to respond in the comments section.
- Most social media platforms, including Twitter, Facebook and Google+, can even be used to host forms of live chats.
6. Be active
- There’s nothing that looks worse than an inactive social media account.
- It immediately conveys a sense of laziness and disinterest.
- Respond to everything.
- Putting your company/business out there on social media means giving customers a forum to register complaints.
Email and social media marketing represent a new, powerful frontier for small businesses to get their message in front of consumers.
Remembering a few key principles can you help you harness the practice effectively, converting your audience into loyal customers.
These strategies may not help you save the world, but they will at least help save your messages from the spam folder.
If you enjoyed these 6 tips and strategies to making the most out of your email and social media marketing from Digital Marketer, and found TONS OF VALUE, please take a moment and share…..Thank You!
Sharing Is Caring!
To Your Success,