Top Member

Is Protest the Answer?

102013244_univ_lsr_lg.jpg?profile=RESIZE_584x

In light of the events that's happening now in the world today, I share this article with you and recommend that you read the entire article. My goal here is to share HOPE with you. There is a better life and things will get better soon. 

The following article reports on specific examples of civil unrest, it does not endorse one nation over another or take sides on any political issue.

ON December 17, 2010, Mohamed Bouazizi reached his limit. He was a 26-year-old street vendor in Tunisia who was frustrated with being unable to find a better job. He was also aware of corrupt officials’ demands for bribes. On that particular morning, inspectors confiscated Mohamed’s supply of pears, bananas, and apples. When they took his scales, he resisted; and some witnesses say that a female police officer slapped him.

Humiliated and enraged, Mohamed went to the nearby government office to complain but could not get a hearing. In front of the building, he reportedly shouted, “How do you expect me to make a living?” After dousing himself with a flammable liquid, he struck a match. He died of his burns less than three weeks later.

Continue reading at the link below:

Is Protest the Answer?

I look forward to your comments and if you like this article, please comment and share on your favorite social site. 

Terri Pattio

You need to be a member of syndication express to add comments!

Join syndication express

Votes: 2
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Top Commentor
    In every religion of which I am aware, there is good and evil. The bible and the Koran cover both. Through the years both of these religions have killed people who believe differently. The words "Death to the infidels" can be found in the Koran. In the bible people who believe differently were killed many times. This makes me wonder if religions are truly about peace. I believe in every case a person should work on a personal relationship with the God they worship, or with the Universe for those who believe in Universal laws. With Universal laws, it is pretty simple, you get back what you send to the Universe. If you send anger and violence that is what you receive in return. If you send peace and prosperity that is what you receive.
    • Top Member
      That's what you believe and you have a right to your opinion. Thank you for reading and sharing your thoughts on this topic.
  • Top Member
    I believe that God’s Kingdom is mankind’s only true hope for a peaceful world. (Matthew 6:9, 10) Thus, I do not engage in protests. But is the idea that a government by God could eliminate the reasons for protest unrealistic? It might seem to be. Yet, many have developed confidence in God’s rulership. Why not look into it for yourself?
  • Top Commentor
    One very important thing I learned from the people of the Amish religion is you can turn the other cheek and survive. I could never be one though because I have always believed there is a time to stand and fight.

I have heard people put down Martin Luther King for telling people non violence was the answer. In reality I don't believe the changes made would have been, if the protests had been violent.
    • Top Member
      Thank you Dennis for sharing your comments on this subject. Generally speaking in my opinion, the protests many times end up being violent because of interference from outside individuals that have another motive altogether. What do you think?
    • Top Commentor
      I think any group can be turned into an angry mob. It only takes one person to get the ball rolling. So can there be people who go who have other motives, and do they start things, I am sure they do. What better way to cause hatred than turn from protest to pillage? Who catches the blame? It isn't the ones who instigate the change.
This reply was deleted.