Creativity comes from Truths Built from Trust.
In the creative process, trust comes from realizing that the people working together should want what is best for the organization as well as for each other. Creativity is contagious. Creative thinkers are out of the box people. They know that they must repeatedly break out of the "box" of their own history and personal limitations in order to experience creative breakthroughs. Creativity requires a willingness to look stupid. It requires getting out on a limb--knowing that the limb often breaks. Creativity is willing to risk failure.
No matter what you are currently able to do, creativity can make you capable of more.
The above are all creative "Truths." Now let's look at some Truths that "Aren't True". In fact, I'll give you 10 to consider:
1. The way to guarantee success is to work smarter, not harder. [Leaders work smarter and harder.]
2. Activity equals accomplishment. [You should be interested in Results, not Activity.]
3. If you want to be a success, you must pay the price. [You don't pay the price, you "possess" the price for success. The path to success belongs to you! It's not something that you have to "give up" in order to succeed.]
4. Take care of things, and they will take are of you. [Take control of your own life or someone else will.]
5. Don't waste time. [When you waste time, its not time you're wasting; it's you life.]
6. If it's not broke, don't fix it. [Even if things are working, many times they still can be significantly improved or modified.]
7. What you see is what you get. [We are commanded not to be moved by what we see. We are to see the "unseen" in situations.]
8. He is a self-made man. [There is no such thing.]
9. Talk is cheap. [False, it is expensive! You have what you say - and what you pay for.]
10.Practice makes perfect. [Wrong practice leads to wrong habits. Perfect practice leads to perfect action. Make sure that whatever you do on a regular basis is right and correct.]
Trust your instinct.
The gist here is that you can't believe everything you hear. Just because we hear these sayings constantly and possibly say them ourselves, still doesn't make them true. They are accepted "truths." It's our choice to believe or not to believe.
If you enjoyed this article, please "Like and Share."
210 601 0267