If happiness can begin with a smile, why not put forth an effort to put a smile on the face of another today?
“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”–Leo Buscaglia
“A warm smile is the universal language of kindness.” –William Arthur Ward
Here are some amazing facts pertaining to smiling:
1. Women smile more than men.
2. Smiling releases endorphin’s that make us feel better.
3. We are all born with the ability to smile, it’s not something we learn from others.
4. A smile is a universal expression of happiness.
5. A smiling person is thought to be a more pleasant, attractive, sociable, sincere and competent than a non-smiling person.
“A smile is the light in your window that tells others that there is a caring, sharing person inside.” –Dennis Waitley
Happiness is something you can obtain by helping others to become happy. It will come to those who go after it. Yet, at the same time we can pursue to make other’s happy by placing a smile on their face.
How you say?
Let’s look at 20 ways we can put a smile on the face of others today:
1. Send some flowers to your partner.
2. Compliment a friend or work colleague on their appearance.
3. Donate something to charity.
4. Take a friend, loved one or partner out to lunch.
5. Let someone know you miss them and are thinking about them.
6. Make a surprise telephone call to your partner at work, just to say hi.
7. Hold a door open for someone walking behind you.
8. Hug someone you love for no apparent reason.
9. Leave a joke on a friends voice-mail.
10. Send a card to a friend letting them know what a good friend they are.
11. Give up your seat on the bus or train to someone when there aren’t any left.
12. Share your umbrella on a rainy day.
13. Ask a friend if they need anything while you’re out shopping.
14. When it’s raining, plan an indoor picnic with your children.
15. Leave a love letter somewhere where your partner will find it.
16. Send someone an unusual and unexpected gift, such as chocolate or flowers.
17. Tell your child you’re proud of them.
18. Tell someone you thought about them the other day.
19. Cook a surprise meal for your partner one night, especially if they normally do the cooking.
20. Tell someone you love them.
“Great persons are they who see that the spiritual is stronger than any material force.” –Ralph Waldo Emerson
You see, it takes only 17 muscles to smile, but 43 to frown, so why waste all that energy frowning when you could just smile? Better yet, take the time to place a smile on the face of another. Happiness begins with a Smile!
“Let my soul smile through my heart and my heart smile through my eyes, that I may scatter rich smiles in sad hearts.” –Paramahansa Yogananda
Need a face-lift? Want to improve on your looks? ”Smile.”
210 601 0267
P.S. Need to earn more money in order to benefit the needs of your family. Click here.