Philippine Recipe for Chicken/Pork Adobo
The Asian Recipes shown on this blog will be from a host of countries including but not limited to The Philippines, Thailand, Indonesia, China, Vietnam. Korea, Japan and India.
Adobo is the most famous and the quintessential Filipino viand. It may be a dry or stew like dish cooked in soy sauce, vinegar, garlic and spices. It is very tasty and delicious. Adobo is typically served with steamed white rice.
The estimated cooking time for this Asian Recipe is 50 minutes
- 1/2 kilo pork cut in cubes + 1/2 kilo chicken, cut into pieces or
- choice of either 1 kilo of pork or 1 kilo of chicken
- 1 head garlic, minced
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup vinegar
- 2 cups of water
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 5 laurel leaves (bay leaves)
- 4 tablespoons of cooking oil or olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons water
ADOBO COOKING INSTRUCTIONS
- In a big sauce pan or wok, heat 2 tablespoons of oil then sauté the minced garlic and onions.
- Add the pork and chicken to the pan. Add 2 cups of water, 1/4 cup of soy sauce, vinegar, paprika and the bay leaves. Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes or when meat is tender.
- Remove the pork and chicken from the sauce pan and on another pan, heat cooking oil and brown the pork and chicken for a few minutes.
- Mix the browned pork and chicken back to the sauce and add cornstarch dissolved in water to thicken.
- Add salt and/or pepper if desired
- Bring to a boil then simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve hot with the adobo gravy and rice.
ADOBO COOKING TIP
- You have the option to add crushed ginger to the onions and garlic when sauteing. Ginger adds a unique flavor to your pork.
This Asian recipe was taken from the wonderful Filipino Food Recipes site. which contains many more exquisite Filipino Recipes.
To visit this site just click HERE
Please feel free to add your own favorite Asian recipe in the comments section below or by e mailing me to email@example.com
Oh, and if you’re interested in blogging – click here to set up your own blog and start to promote your network marketing business.
Why Don’t You Come And Work With Me – Join IRISH JIM’S TEAM
PS ~ Here is another new program that will really help you develop your marketing skills and get you more leads so check it out CLICK HERE