Is it really within our grasp? Tony Schwartz argues that if we devote our self with sufficient diligence, “it is empowering and inspiring” to believe that we can excel at anything.
One just has to think of the many movies and stories of inspiring leaders, teachers, coaches and mentors who motivated many undervalued kids to become exceptional performers and achieve unimaginable success. On the other hand, when we fall short of excellence, it is usually not due to talent but lack of consistent effort.
Schwartz, author of Be Excellent at Anything, in the Harvard Business Review Blog details six ways leaders can fuel and nurture :
1. Ban words like "talented," "gifted," and "special" from your vocabulary which tend to credit people with some unearned potential and suggest others lack equal possibilities. Schwartz suggest replacing these words with ones like "effective," "determined," "accomplished," "skilled," "persevering," and "masterful," all of which give due credit to effort.
2. Regularly, genuinely, and specifically acknowledge and appreciate people's successes. Encouragement and appreciation are strong motivating factors.
3. Provide constant feedback. Make is consistent and specific.
4. Encourage and model intermittent renewal throughout the day.
5. Create and protect periods of uninterrupted focus. Measure value
instead of hours worked.
6. Tie the pursuit of excellence to a larger mission. Provide a compelling reason for people to go beyond their comfort zones.
As we seek to build our home based businesses, excellence must be the hallmark of our performance. We must cultivate it in our affiliate relationships, in the products we market and in the customer service we provide. In the words of Aristotle:
Let’s ensure we have the will to win, the desire to succeed
and the passion to achieve our full potential – unlock the door to excellence!
“Excellence is to do a common thing in an uncommon way.” - Booker T. Washington
Looking for a company with excellent leadership, performance, products, compensation plan
Join me now at http://www.sfi1.biz/12232827 .