The Daily Meditation 06.25.2013
God and I are One
As I greet the early morning sunrise, the beauty proves my oneness with God who creates it each day. For as God creates such an incredible image in the sky, it pales in comparison to her creation of you and I. God is the creator, the Alpha and the Omega and her Love is evident in all things. We being creations of God, are filled with that same energy and Love that goes into the incredible sunrise. We are once again, are given the opportunity to give thanks, to experience this amazing thing called Life, for God.
Is today the day that I totally accept that God and I are One? I also realize, that I have a hand in the beautiful sunrise because I expect it to be that way! I give thanks to God for giving me one thing to do in this Life and that is proclaiming what I want by my words. If I speak my word then God’s Law must create it and it does so for anyone. The Law is partial to no one. It does not choose sides, it just does what it is told. We must be aware that we are always speaking our word throughout our day. Are they the words that we really want the Law to manifest for us?
Therefore, I speak my word right now, that abundance and prosperity are a part of my Life, now. I know that the Law hears my words, reads my words and acts on my words as it must do.
I am so grateful for all that I have and for everything that I attract. As I expect the sunrise to be amazing because God and I speak our word, I feel myself abundant and prosperous every moment. Thank You, God for such a magnificent Life.
And So It Is!
Rio Grande Center For Spiritual Living, Albuquerque, New Mexico
Well, since "God is everything" and we are God, then we can live as we please because there is no accountability? If there is no sin, then there is no right or wrong, no good or evil. Also, then everything is relative- there are no morals. If there is no objective propositional truth, then life has no meaning and so we all just as well "eat, drink and be merry for tomorrow we die!" Oops we all dissolve or evolve into one great impersonal force. How do you account for people like Hitler, Stalin, suicide boomers, rapist etc. Oh, they just haven't evolved yet . haven't develop ..haven't been able to "conceive." their limitless potential? Right?
It's good that Mr. Holmes studied and syncretized all the Great Teachers, but did he forget to study the uniqueness of the Bible and the claims of Jesus Christ ? He was more than a "Great Teacher." Jesus said,"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life; No man (human) comes to the Father but by me." Further He said he came to give us "a more abundant life." I invite you to read and study the Gospel of John for yourself and draw your own conclusions.
1. Yes, Yes, Yes and Yes. God is everything.
2. Yes, Yes, Yes, No, No Sin so no solution needed.
3. Our philosophy is based the writings of Ernest Holmes. The book "Science of Mind" is the corner stone of this philosophy. An Excerpt from the "Science Of Mind".
The Science of Mind is based entirely upon the supposition that we are surrounded by a Universal Mind, into which we think.
This mind, in it’s original state, fills all space. It fills the space that man uses in the Universe. It is in man, as well as outside him. As he thinks into this Universal Mind, he sets a law in motion, which is creative, and which contains within Itself a Limitless possibility.
The Law through which man operates is Infinite, but man appears to be finite; that is, he has not yet evolved to a complete understanding of himself. He is unfolding from a Limitless Potential but can bring into his experience only that which he can conceive. There is no limit to the Law, but there appears to be a limit of man’s understand of It. As his understanding unfolds, his possibilities of attainment will increase.
Law is not a separate entity.
4. The Centers For Spiritual Living are actually considered "New Thought". Ernest Holmes did study all of the World's Great Teachers and found many similarities.
5. There is One Truth. Whether we believe that it or not, that is our choice. The Truth is still the Truth and has not changed because we may not believe it. The Truth waits for us to connect with it.
Stephen, Thank You for asking the questions. I know that my answers were short and I trust that they will help. Have a great day!
An interesting meditation! Here are a couple of questions I have regarding the post:
1. Is God merely a force of energy, power and love or is He a personal spirit with individual characteristics and Creator of the universe and all life. You seem to indicate that God and the creation is one. Hindu pantheism?
2. Is man Divine? God is man and man is God? If that be the case, is man perfect? Is there such a thing as sin? Umm, I think so. Experience and society demonstrate a fallen world. If there is such a thing as sin, what's the solution? meditation? .
3. What or who is the "Law " that " hears my words" of which you speak? Is that a separate entity from you and me?
4. Is Center for Spiritual Living simply a New Age group which has syncretized various world religions into one philosophy?
5. Is there such a thing as objective truth or is it all relative.... my truth, your truth, their truth?
Richard, your blog is thought provoking. Thanks for sharing.
Very inspirational Richard thank you for sharing.