Another chapter in the ongoing saga of being a mom. Sometimes my son will look at me and tell me not to bother saying it, because he knows what I'm going to say, and I tell him, consider it said. We always offer our kids advice about life in hopes they'll learn from our mistakes and not have to make them all themselves.
Let me know what your mom always told you!
1. Just do it!
2. If you've been given a talent, it's your responsibility to use it.
3. Find something you love to do, then figure out a way to get paid for it.
4. Be muti-faceted.
5. You don't have to have only one profession.
6. You can do without a ot of things for a while.
7. It takes 30 days to make or break a habit.
8. If it looks like a choo-choo and sounds like a choo-choo, it's probably not a parakeet.
9. Stand on your own two feet.
10. Your face will freeze like that.
11. Eat your vegetables.
12. R. H. I. P. - Rank has it's privileges. Moms always outrank kids and always will. (My version of "Because I said so." I was in ROTC in high school. )
13. Go to your room.
14. It's not the end of the world.
15. Say "What can I learn from this?" instead of "Why me?"