HOW MUCH WATER SHOULD YOU DRINK?
Most experts agree that all adults should drink approximately half their body weight in ounces of pure water each day. Example: A 170 pound person should consume 85 ounces of pure water each day to keep their entire body properly hydrated at the cellular level.
You should drink additional water in hot or humid weather to help lower your body temperature and to replace what you lose through sweating. You may also need more water in cold weather if you sweat while wearing insulated clothing. Finally, you should drink extra water if you are at land altitudes greater than 8,200 feet.
22 BENEFITS OF DRINKING WATER.
Water, when it's pure and free of contaminants, is truly a miracle worker. An adequate intake of pure water every day will:
1. Dissolve calcium in your urine and reduce the risk of stone formation;
2. Help lubricate your eyes;
3. Help prevent urinary tract infections;
4. Help suppress your appetite;
5. Improve your digestion and nutrient absorption;
6. Improve your energy levels;
7. Increase your mental and physical performance;
8. Keep your skin healthy and glowing;
9. Lubricate your internal organs;
10. Lubricate and create a cushion in your disks that support your upper body and in your joints. This helps absorb shocks from physical activity and may reduce back and joint pain.
11. Maintain your muscle tone;
12. Maintain your body's pH Balance;
13. Neutralize fat and assist in weight loss;
14. Reduce cardiovascular stress;
15. Reduce headaches and dizziness;
16. Reduce histamine levels and mucus buildup and help to restore normal breathing;
17. Reduce recovery time from colds or flu;
18. Reduce water retention;
19. Regulate your body temperature;
20. Remove body wastes and toxins;
21. Strengthen your immune system against most infections and make you less susceptible to viruses; and
22. Transport oxygen to your cells.
6 TIPS TO HELP YOU DRINK MORE WATER.
Here are a few tips to help you easily drink more water:
1. Drink 8 to 16 ounces of pure water first thing every morning. Your body becomes mildly dehydrated every night. This will get you off to a great start on that day's water consumption, rehydrate your body and flush out the wastes and toxins that accumulated during the night while you were sleeping;
2. Keep a full water bottle with you everywhere you go;
3. Drink a glass of water or two every time you go to the bathroom;
4. Drink before meals while you are still hungry;
5. Do most of your water drinking in the morning and early afternoon so there will be time for that water to be eliminated before you go to bed; and
6. Don't drink too much coffee, tea, soda or alcohol. A small amount of water will do far more good for you than large amounts of these other liquids.
If you drink an adequate amount of water every day, you'll be amazed at how good you will feel.
In our next post, we will be sharing “Recommendations From Our Alternative Health Care Physician.”
Wishing you a long, healthy and happy life,
Bill and Teddy Rogers