It's important to live today as though there were no Tomorrow for this reason:
"None of US Are Guaranteed Tomorrow!"
Lost hours and minutes add up. Time management experts tell us that 20 percent of our time brings 80 percent of the results. Therefore, 80 percent of our time is virtually wasted on just 20 percent of our results.
Sometime we tend to get so caught up in life and making a living for our families that we may actually be neglecting them.
There's a story about a person that knew that in a few weeks the light of his life would come to an end. There would be nothing left for him. As he pondered his life he felt an great emptiness. This is what he admitted to a friend:
"If only I had lived my life differently, I might not have felt such an emptiness now. Promise me," as he caught his friends hand, "Promise me that you won't make the same mistake."
When the friend asked him what mistakes, he asked them to get a pen and paper and to jot down his last words. Here they are in a condensed form:
1) Talk less; listen more.
2) Listen to your grandfather's stories about his youth. When he's gone, you will relive the bond through these memories.
3) Invite friend over for a snack or dinner even if the house is a mess.
4) Eat popcorn in the living room even though its messy.
5) Invite the friends who have children home. Don't worry about their children creating a mess.
6) Sit on the grass even though it dirties your pants.
7) Never buy something just because it lasts for a long time or because it is practical.
8) Stay in bed and at home when sick and stop pretending that the world cannot go one without me for a day.
9) Light up the wonderfully crafted candles and let them burn out. Better this than they accumulate dust in the closet.
10) Share life's responsibilities with a partner, not only expenses.
11) (Meant for Women) Instead of waiting for the pregnancy to get over, cherish each moment in your heart. Understand that the life in you is the only chance you will get to help god create magic.
12) Let your children hug and kiss you whenever they wish to. Don't stop them by saying things like: later, go wash your hands first, we have to eat dinner.
13) Say the following two phrases as often as possible: "I love you" and "I am sorry."
14) Stop worrying about who loves or and who doesn't or about what others have or don't have.
15) Cherish all personal human relations.
16) Play with a pet every day. Laugh and run with it and take part in all its antics.
17) Spend more time with the people who love you.
18) Stop sweating because of all the small details and problems of life.
19) Grab every moment, look at it and live it. That moment will never return again.
20) Love is a verb. Act on it everyday.
Although this person's name is unknown, he left a great message for us all. Cherish today, for you can not regain it. Do the best you can to support your family and others. Teach as much as you can and become beneficial to others.
Most of all remember this: "Love covers a multitude of sin." Forgive and Forget. Let Go and Let Live. Be steadfast, unmovable and ready to be a blessing to someone in some way, even if it's just a simple smile.
Each of us are blessed with this day. We need to accept this "blessing and strive" to become stronger both physically, mentally and emotionally.
When it comes to living your life today as though there were no tomorrow, try to remember to Cherish life, family, friendships and acquaintances.
If you enjoyed this article, please "like and share."
To your Undeniable Success,
Loved it Angela and I am sure we have all said at some time in our life "if only I had done things differently" I know I have.
Thank you all, Tish,James,Kathryn, Sandy and Ann. Some truly great feedback given here. I need to become a bit more balanced myself. Thanks for sharing.
Oh, Angela ... what a beautiful and inspirational article! I am guilty of not doing so many things mentioned and they really hit home. I will remember to make changes...immediately. Blessings!
Thanks for sharing 'Live Today As Though There Were NoTomorrow' We all have 24 hrs in each day. What we do with those 24 hrs is what counts. If we waste a few hours in a day well we cannot save them for another day.. they are gone gone. Make the most of our days.
Great article Angela. We must learn balance our time and work smarter not harder.
This is some very amazing information that we all can benefit from. I can always appreciate articles like this where all of us can feed off of because of the positivity and universal message it has. One of the things I have learned about being successful in life is def time management. So much time goes by so fast so why not spend that time doing things that make you smile and not things that continue to make you worry. I have always been a all work and what is play again women and this created in imbalance in my life and its because so many of us don't realize how not bringing play time effects your life in a major way and I understand how it is essential to live life not just out of habit but by enjoying it.
Thank you Terri. Thanks for sharing.
Oh Angela this is great and you just keep on writing like this and I will continue to read and share.